Monday 27 February 2012

Ryan Seacrest responds to Oscars prank

Ryan Seacrest responds to Oscars prank


Ryan Seacrest responds to Oscars prank, Ryan Seacrest Speaks Out about ‘Dictator’ Oscars Prank, The host says he fell victim to Sacha Baron Cohen's stunt even though he was suspicious. Ryan Seacrest learned that it pays to heed mom's advice after falling for a stunt by Sacha Baron Cohen, who arrived at the Oscars dressed as his character from "The Dictator" and spilled the contents of an urn all over Seacrest. "My mom told me when I was a young red carpet reporter growing up, 'make sure you have two jackets.

You never know what is going to happen. You always want to be red carpet ready because that is your job. You are the red carpet host,'" he told his radio show audience on Monday morning. Thanks to her tip, Ryan had a spare jacket ready at Sunday night's Academy Awards. He definitely ended up needing it.

While interviewing Sacha Baron Cohen, who dressed as his film character Admiral Shabazz Aladeen, Ryan admitted he suspected something was coming. The host explained on KIIS FM, "Before the show someone from their publicity office called and asked if we were interested in interviewing the Dictator and we said 'yes.' In my head I thought 'this guy isn't coming as the Dictator to NOT do something.' But I definitely didn't know he was going to do that." 

He adds, "When the interview began I knew in my gut that it was all going too normally. He didn't put all that on to just answer questions in character." Seacrest's hunch proved correct, as the Dictator ended up dumping "the ashes of Kim Jung Il" all over the interviewer's tuxedo. "I saw the urn and recognized the face on it, and it was getting closer and closer to my chest," he said. "And then it tipped over. It wasn't the wind."

Ryan said he took the stunt in stride, adding this morning that it ended up being fitting. "I am just sure it was pancake mix. It was ironic. I had been avoiding carbs all week."

via: yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment